“Creating the Next Generation of Business Leaders”
The New Egypt High School Warrior Business Academy is a program designed to educate and prepare students for a commitment to business and to develop business leaders in the ever-changing global economy. Warrior Business Academy students will be placed on a four-year academic pathway that will be innovative while addressing “College and Career Readiness” skills. They will gain knowledge in this particular field of study and cover all high school pre-requisites for acceptance into competitive post secondary institutions. This program will empower students in the development of the key skills; critical thinking/problem solving, research, reading, writing, speaking/presenting, and teamwork, and include subsets of these skills, such as analyzing, reasoning, negotiating and questioning. The rigorous courses (some achieving college credit) will enable students to apply these skills while identifying how the material connects to other academic subjects. Warrior Business Academy students will gain knowledge and skills that are relevant to a range of careers. They will learn about roles, responsibilities and career paths of specific professions. Students will be exposed to careers both in the classroom or through workplace visits. All seniors will engage in a service learning practicum that will enhance their experience in the Warrior Business Academy.
Students who are accepted into Warrior Business Academy will:
- Tailor their elective choices to focus on business and finance.
- Require a minimum of five business courses (not including Personal Finance) completed or enrolled by February of senior year.
- Introduction to Business and Marketing are required courses. Students may choose the remaining courses.
- Participate in Future Business Leaders of America.
- Successfully complete a Senior Practicum during their senior year.
Academy students will have opportunities to:
- Shadow business professionals
- Participate in professional development workshops
- Earn potential college credit
Available Business Courses:
- Potential college credit courses
- Business Academy Practicum
Portfolio & Capstone
- Students will maintain a portfolio to capture reflections on service learning, academic coursework and additional Academy experiences.
- The Capstone Project is a culmination of experiences where students utilize skills and knowledge acquired throughout high school and the Academy during a formal presentation.
Any questions or concerns, please email Mr. Mendes at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply on The Warrior Academy Homepage